Hunter Badminton Inc.
Code of Ethics & Conduct
All players and visitors are expected to respect & abide by the following guidelines which is a condition of entry into the hall.
- Follow the directions or any instruction made by a Hunter Badminton Committee member or any official (authorized by the committee) hall official.
- Always use the shared car park in a safe and appropriate manner.
- While on the courts – non marking shoes must be worn.
- Appropriate badminton and sporting attire is encouraged.
- Food and drinks are not permitted on the courts.
- All areas within the hall are strictly non smoking zones.
- Children are always welcome but must be supervised & are the responsibility of their parent or accompanying adult at all times – both on and off the court.
- Visitors and new players should always be made to feel welcome.
- Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Ideas, suggestions & general feedback together with any misconduct or disagreements, should be raised with a committee member (so it can be discussed at a future board meeting) to ensure the continual improvement of our badminton club.
Playing the game
- Players are required to pay their court fees before going onto the courts. Club officials will use their discretion to stop games in order to collect these fees.
- Deliberately avoiding paying court fees will not be tolerated.
- Courts may become slippery before and during sessions – check courts before play and make use of the mops required if necessary.
- An appropriate amount of time should be taken to warm up before play (on court) but consideration should also be given to players waiting – keep a good game flow.
- During social playing sessions do not stay on the court for re-matches if other players are waiting to play. Courtesy for player/court rotation should be given.
- Good sportsmanship and conduct is encouraged at all times.
- All spectators (including kids under supervision), visitors and players waiting are expected to keep a safe distance from the courts and use caution while moving around the stand areas & surrounding walkways.
- Used shuttles are to be placed in the bins/boxes provided.
- Players are responsible for their own belongings. Ensure that these items do not affect your own or another person’s safety.
- Before leaving – all rubbish needs to be placed in the bins provided.
- All amenities, change rooms, viewing areas (stands and 2nd floor level), kitchen, gym, court areas and other club equipment (including racquets) should be treated with the utmost care and respect.
- Report all safety concerns, faults or damage to a club official as soon as possible.